Membership@Harvest is a class that will help you gain a solid understanding of what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ. The evening includes 3 teaching sessions where our pastoral staff discusses our church's story, beliefs and methods of ministry, as well as Q & A. A packet of information will be provided along with a light dinner for all in attendance.
Our next Membership Class will be on FEBRUARY 18th, 2017 from 5pm - 8:30pm.
Location: Harvest Bible Chapel - 285 Saint Martin's Drive, Monroeville, PA 15146 (Far Right entrance at building)
At the completion of the membership class, you will receive a membership application form. After the application is completed and returned, a membership interview will be conducted. During this interview with one of our church leaders the prospective member shares their testimony of conversion to Christ and asks any remaining questions about the church. The individual's name is then placed in the bulletin for two weeks. If there are no concerns raised by other members of Harvest, the individual is officially welcomed in as a member.
Want to know more about becoming a member of Harvest Bible Chapel? Here are some frequently asked questions about membership.
Q: How do I become a member at Harvest?
A: A person interested in membership is invited to attend Party with the Pastors (PWTP), completes the three-part Membership@Harvest course, is encouraged to join a Small Group and serve in one of the many opportunities in a Harvest ministry.
The prospective member will receive a membership application form at the completion of the Membership@Harvest class. Once the application for membership is received the next step is an Elder interview. During the meeting with a church Elder, the prospective member shares testimony of conversion to Christ and asks any remaining questions about the church. If there are no concerns raised by other members of Harvest, the individual is officially welcomed in as a member at a weekend service.
This class is offered several times throughout the year.. It discusses the history of the Harvest Bible Chapel, describes a disciple of Jesus Christ, and explains church government, baptism, and the commitments of members of Harvest Bible Chapel.
Q: What are the membership commitments?
A: Members agree to adhere to the following four commitments:
- I have by faith become a follower of Jesus Christ and I have been baptized as a visible way of demonstrating that commitment.
- Because a disciple worships Christ, I will seek to attend and fully participate in weekend worship services at Harvest.
- Because a disciple walks with Christ, I will seek to maintain consistent disciplines of Bible study, prayer, and personal witness. I will walk in fellowship with others at HBC by participating in the Small Group ministry at some level. To maintain unity in fellowship, I will neither criticize nor listen to criticism concerning any member(s) of this body and will, when personally offended, speak directly and lovingly with those involved.
- Because a disciple works for Christ, I will seek a place to serve with Harvest that corresponds with my spiritual gifts, passions and /or HBC needs. I will ﬁnancially support the ministries of Harvest by faithfully giving back to the Lord a biblical portion of my increase. I will strive to be a light in my community and hold a reputation that is above reproach.
Q: Who can become a member of Harvest Bible Chapel?
A: There are three requirements for membership:
- A clear personal testimony of personal faith in Jesus Christ alone as the payment for sin and trust in Jesus Christ alone for salvation.
- Ephesians 2:8-9 and Romans 5:8
- Baptism by immersion and a public statement that identifies that person as a follower of Jesus Christ. - Romans 6:3-6.
- Membership Interview - Hebrews 13:17